- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Dip chicken in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Add wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Drizzle with lemon juice. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Quick Chicken Piccata
"This was so easy to prepare and really tasted good and love that it was served with the pasta made it just perfect."
"This was good, fairly simple and a nice change. The only complaint I had was pounding the chicken :)"
"Very nice flavor!"
"I made this tonight for my husband & me. We really liked it. It was very easy & delicious. I will make it again, I'm sure. My husband loves chicken Piccata in restaurants, but I have never tried to make it. This was really easy. I'm sure there are more complicated recipes out there, but this worked for us just fine. Oh, I did thicken the sauce a bit with a little flour because hubby loves "gravy"."
"Very easy to make and so delicious. I did not have ckn breasts, so I used ckn thighs and it turned out delicious. Thank you"
"I love this! I always add artichoke hearts as well."
"Delish! Quick! Easy! Would def make again!"
"This was very good and simple to make. I added garlic and onion powder. Will definitely make again."
"Oh so very delicious! Very easy to make and so quick! Definitly gonna make this again!"