Quick Chicken Piccata
Laced with lemon and simmered in white wine, this easy stovetop entree couldn’t be more elegant. An added bonus? It fills the house with a wonderful aroma.
“Just add a salad, bread and veggies and this makes a great meal for company,” says contributor Cynthia Heil of Martinez, Georgia.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large resealable plastic
- bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a
- time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken over medium heat in butter. Stir in
- wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15
- minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Drizzle with lemon
- juice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 171 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 425 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.