For a quick and easy side to take to a get-together or potluck, try this pasta salad. It is also a great way to use leftover chicken.—Alice Schoon, Henning, Minnesota
- 4 cups uncooked medium shell pasta
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, cooked and drained
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse in cold water and drain. Cool. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, mixed vegetables, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, salt, dill and pepper. Stir into pasta mixture. Stir in cheese. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Pasta Salad in Country Woman July/August 2004, p35
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Quick Chicken Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review