- 12 ounces frozen grilled chicken breast strips (about 3 cups)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked pasta
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken strips; cook and stir 5-8 minutes or until heated through. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, combine tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, oil, Italian seasoning, garlic and sugar; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken. Sprinkle with cheeses; cook, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Quick Chicken Parmesan
"This meal was awesome, the family and i love pasta/meat meals. I did use the dry red wine (Big California Cab.Sav.) and used less of the sugar and the Italian seasoning. Thank you for your first pasta meal."
"I love this sauce!!! It is very tasty and light. I made this with leftover cooked turkey instead of the grilled chicken. I doubled the sauce to use some on the pasta. Definitely a keeper. Thank you!"