My mother inspired me to develop my first pasta sauce. It's tangy, simple and really satisfying. The longer it simmers, the better it gets, so keep that in mind if you have time to spare. —Danielle Grochowski, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Featured In: 50 Easy Weeknight Dinners
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 ounces frozen grilled chicken breast strips (about 3 cups)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked pasta
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken strips; cook and stir 5-8 minutes or until heated through. Remove from pan.
- In same skillet, combine tomatoes, tomato paste, wine, oil, Italian seasoning, garlic and sugar; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes to allow flavors to blend, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chicken. Sprinkle with cheeses; cook, covered, 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Quick Chicken Parmesan in Taste of Home November 2014, p32
Reviews forQuick Chicken Parmesan
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2017
"The sauce is delicious. My husband loved it and says this recipe is definitely a keeper."