Quick Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon sherry or additional chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/3 cup plum or seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 4 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the broth, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, sherry and cornstarch; set aside. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add carrot and ginger; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until carrot is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, for dipping sauce, combine the preserves, hoisin sauce, pepper sauce and remaining soy sauce; set aside. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to chicken. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in green onion.
- 3. Divide chicken mixture among lettuce leaves. Fold lettuce over filling. Serve with dipping sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 354 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 1025mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Quick Chicken Lettuce Wraps
"These were delicious. I used butter lettuce which held up well. The chicken mixture was delicious."
"Really liked the chicken mixture. I didn't get the right lettuce apparently though because it didn't roll up well and kept falling apart. Lesson learned."
"This tasted so good! I would double the recipe the next time, as there was alot of lettuce left over. The filling tasted even better the next day!"