Quick Chicken Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon sherry or additional chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/3 cup plum or seedless raspberry preserves
- 2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 4 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the broth, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, sherry and cornstarch; set aside. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add carrot and ginger; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until carrot is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, for dipping sauce, combine the preserves, hoisin sauce, pepper sauce and remaining soy sauce; set aside. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to chicken. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in green onion.
- 3. Divide chicken mixture among lettuce leaves. Fold lettuce over filling. Serve with dipping sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
2 wraps with 3 tablespoons dipping sauce (prepared with reduced-sodium broth) equals 354 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 1,025 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Quick Chicken Lettuce Wraps
"These were delicious. I used butter lettuce which held up well. The chicken mixture was delicious."
"Really liked the chicken mixture. I didn't get the right lettuce apparently though because it didn't roll up well and kept falling apart. Lesson learned."
"This tasted so good! I would double the recipe the next time, as there was alot of lettuce left over. The filling tasted even better the next day!"
"We madet this recipe last night and loved it! I used ground turkey instead of the chicken, but it was delicious!!! Thanks!"