- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups cold cooked long grain rice
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 green onion, sliced
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry mushrooms in oil until tender. Stir in the rice, chicken and soy sauce. Cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add egg and onion; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until egg is set. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Quick Chicken Fried Rice for Two
"I will make again. Very tasty. I did start with 2 slices bacon chopped and it added more flavor."
"Very easy and delicious. I substituted yellow onion for green onion and just cooked it for longer."
"I was disappointed in this recipe because it didn't taste the same as this dish at my favorite restaurant. I would add other sauces to it, like maybe teriyaki sauce to enhance the flavor."
"Very easy and tastes great too. I added some frozen peas to the mix after the chicken and before the egg and onions."
"first time making Fried Rice came out very good"
"Tasty and very easy."
"I was very impressed with how this turned out. I used canned mushrooms (drained), and 1 large carrot, cut up into bits, that I sauteed a bit before adding all of the ingredients. If I would have had peas I think I would have added them too. For the egg I bared a spot in the pan and scrambled the egg a bit before mixing it all together (I like the tasty egg bits)."