Quick Chicken Fried Rice for Two Recipe
David Tiren of Catonsville, Maryland uses leftover chicken and rice to make this classic Chinese recipe, enhanced with soy sauce and green onions.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups cold cooked long grain rice
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry mushrooms in oil until tender. Stir in the rice, chicken and soy sauce. Cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Add egg and onion; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until egg is set. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 368 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 684 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC