Quick Chicken Fried Rice for Two Recipe
David Tiren of Catonsville, Maryland uses leftover chicken and rice to make this classic Chinese recipe, enhanced with soy sauce and green onions.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups cold cooked long grain rice
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry mushrooms in oil until tender. Stir in the rice, chicken and soy sauce. Cook over low heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Add egg and onion; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until egg is set. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup equals 368 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 684 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC