- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups cold cooked instant rice
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry carrot and celery in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add rice; stir-fry for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Make a well in the center of the rice mixture; add eggs. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Add the remaining ingredients; stir-fry until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Quick Chicken Fried Rice for Four
"This is a good starter recipe for Fried Rice... Can easily be adjusted to your own taste by adding more soy sauce, other veggies, etc."
"My picky eaters even liked this recipe. They said it tasted as good as the really expensive Japanese Steakhouse that we love.( quite a compliment coming from them). I did add about 3/4 of a teasp. ginger and a couple chopped cloves of garlic to the recipe. Really took it up a notch."
"This is yummy and easy. Use chopsticks to do the scrambling in the center to avoid mixing the eggs into the rice too much before they're set. I substituted turkey for the chicken and regular brown rice for the instant white rice. I made this first and held it warm in the oven while I made the Broccoli in Hoisin Sauce so the broccoli wouldn't be over-cooked. Great combination. The two recipes make a complete meal. I'll definitely make them again."
"This was really lacking in flavor. I added a ton more soy sauce and it still didn't help. I wasn't able to add the onions and the soy sauce was low sodium...could that have been why?"