Quick Chicken Fajita Pizza
“For a quick dinner, I can always count on this zippy fajita-style pizza,” relates Charmaine Potter of Mission Viejo, California. “I keep cooked diced chicken in my freezer to streamline prep time even more.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup julienned green pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2/3 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 prebaked mini pizza crust
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the green pepper, chili powder and salt in
- oil over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until pepper is
- crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add chicken; heat
- Spoon onto pizza crust; top with salsa and cheese. Place on a baking
- sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 pizza (prepared with reduced-fat cheese) equals 377 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 790 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.