Quick Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1. Flatten the chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Spread mustard on one side; sprinkle with paprika. Top each with a ham slice. Roll up tightly; secure with toothpicks.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and pepper. Brush chicken with mayonnaise; roll in crumb mixture.
- 3. Place in a shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; cover loosely. Microwave on high for 7 minutes; turn chicken. Cook 5-1/2 minutes more or until meat is no longer pink; keep warm.
- 4. In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, heat butter on high for 20 seconds; stir in flour until smooth. Cook, uncovered, on high for 20 seconds. Add milk and salt. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until thickened. Stir in cheese until smooth. Add wine. Discard toothpicks from chicken; serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 470 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 140 mg cholesterol, 840 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 49 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.