- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 to 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- Flatten the chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Spread mustard on one side; sprinkle with paprika. Top each with a ham slice. Roll up tightly; secure with toothpicks.
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and pepper. Brush chicken with mayonnaise; roll in crumb mixture.
- Place in a shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; cover loosely. Microwave on high for 7 minutes; turn chicken. Cook 5-1/2 minutes more or until meat is no longer pink; keep warm.
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, heat butter on high for 20 seconds; stir in flour until smooth. Cook, uncovered, on high for 20 seconds. Add milk and salt. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until thickened. Stir in cheese until smooth. Add wine. Discard toothpicks from chicken; serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Quick Chicken Cordon Bleu
"I use this sauce recipe with the chicken cordon bleu roll recipe. Yum"
"The white sauces complimented the dish very nicely"
"This was a hit at my house. However, I cooked it in the oven not the microwave at 350 until the chicken was done."