Quick Chicken Caesar Salad
Kim Blanda of Neptune, New Jersey hails this zesty dish a success. "After tasting the salad at a friend's going-away party, I made sure to request the recipe. Now I fix it for my husband just about every week," she tells. :It's great with a potato or pasta side dish and chunks of crusty bread."
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into strips
- 2 cups seasoned salad croutons
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl,
- whisk the oil, lemon juice, garlic and pepper. Pour over salad; toss
- to coat. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 318 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 573 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.