Quick Chicken Cacciatore
Quick Chicken Cacciatore from Marcia Hostetter of Canton, New York is a colorful and flavorful fast-to-fix main dish. Serve it with a crisp lettuce and tomato salad topped with your favorite bottled dressing.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Cooked spaghetti or rice, optional
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper, onion and mushrooms in olive
- oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Place the chicken breasts
- over the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, chilies and seasonings. Pour
- over the chicken; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until a meat
- thermometer reads 170°. Serve with spaghetti or rice if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese,