- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Cooked spaghetti or rice, optional
- In a large skillet, saute green pepper, onion and mushrooms in olive oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Place the chicken breasts over the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, chilies and seasonings. Pour over the chicken; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with spaghetti or rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Quick Chicken Cacciatore
Sort By :
Super easy and relatively tasty. Definitely a go-to when I'm short on time. Thanks for the recipe!
This is very tasty. The chicken ends up very juicy too.
Delicious, easy to make and healthy. All the things I look for in a recipe. I put it over wheat pasta. Even just the veggies and sauce with pasta would be great too. I will definitely make this again and again!
I've made this often over the last 15 yrs.. It is a family favorite..