Quick Chicken and Wild Rice Soup Recipe
- 5-2/3 cups water
- 1 package (4.3 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 envelope chicken noodle soup mix
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- In a large saucepan, combine water, rice with contents of seasoning packet and soup mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the celery, carrot and onion.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in chicken soup and chicken. Cook 8 minutes longer or until rice and vegetables are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Quick Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Sort By :
While I prefer my normal chicken soup recipe with a clear broth better, this was very good for variety, and my adult children liked this one better. My son took some to work and shared with his co worker who also loved it and asked for the recipe. I made it exactly as the recipe directed. Simple to make.
Good recipe but using canned cream soup makes it extremely high in sodium.
A bowl of love! This is a great soup to make for someone who is recovering from illness. It is warm and comforting. For home, we kick the flavor up with added seasons of garlic and / or sourthwestern spices to give it a kick. Also, we add a bag of frozen carrots to the pot also. Very nice comforting dish. Easy to make!
I make this soup often, my whole family and the grandkids love it. Very easy to make. It is perfect for fall and winter days. I always have to double it to make it last for a fwe days for lunches.
I cook for an elderly group home. I make this soup often.It is well liked