"Because this warming soup takes advantage of several convenience items, it's very quick to make," assures Gayle Holdman from Highland, Utah. "It's perfect for casual entertaining, because you can keep it warm in the slow cooker. The pot is always scraped clean."
- 5-2/3 cups water
- 1 package (4.3 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 envelope chicken noodle soup mix
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- In a large saucepan, combine water, rice with contents of seasoning packet and soup mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the celery, carrot and onion.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in chicken soup and chicken. Cook 8 minutes longer or until rice and vegetables are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Wild Rice Soup in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p20
Reviews for Quick Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review