Quick Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
- 6 individually frozen biscuits
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut each biscuit into fourths; set aside. In a large saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Stir in the chicken, broth, mushrooms, bouillon granules, parsley, sage, rosemary and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add biscuits for dumplings. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering). Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Quick Chicken and Dumplings(10)
Sort By :
Quick and easy comfort food! I added celery instead of green pepper and used my own cooked chicken. Kid friendly and a family favorite.
Quick and easy comfort food! I used my own cooked chicken and celery instead of green peppers. Kid friendly and a family favorite.
This is FABULOUS! True comfort food! I use an entire rotisserie chicken, a whole onion diced finely sauteed with 8 oz. fresh mushrooms in lots of minced garlic .... I use 10 biscuits instead of 6 (since I LOVE those dumplings!), leave out the green pepper and add an extra can of chicken broth. SO DELICIOUS! I make this all winter long! Definitely a KEEPER recipe!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!
This is one tasty recipe and so easy! I usually use at least 10 biscuits (Mary B's frozen buttermilk biscuits), an entire onion diced finely along with 8 oz mushrooms sauteed in lots of minced garlic and add 1 more can of chicken broth to it. It is FABULOUS!!! Will make this recipe again and again!
all my kids, (4) and husband love this recipe. Like everyone I change it up. I make my own biscuits, and saute fresh mushrooms with the a healthy portion of onions and green peppers. This is a great dinner for a snowy night!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Budget Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken and Dumplings >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stew Recipes >
- Chicken Stews >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Stew Recipes >