Quick Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
Using pre-cooked chicken and ready-made biscuits, this hearty dish is comfort food made simple. It's the perfect way to warm up on chilly autumn nights. —Lakeye Astwood, Schenectady, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 6 individually frozen biscuits
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cut each biscuit into fourths; set aside. In a large saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Stir in the chicken, broth, mushrooms, bouillon granules, parsley, sage, rosemary and pepper.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add biscuits for dumplings. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering). Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 417 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 1,285 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC