Using pre-cooked chicken and ready-made biscuits, this hearty dish is comfort food made simple. It's the perfect way to warm up on chilly autumn nights. —Lakeya Astwood, Schenectady, New York
- 6 individually frozen biscuits
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut each biscuit into fourths; set aside. In a large saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Stir in the chicken, broth, mushrooms, bouillon granules, parsley, sage, rosemary and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add biscuits for dumplings. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center of a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering). Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Quick Chicken and Dumplings in Taste of Home October/November 2009, p63
Reviews for Quick Chicken and Dumplings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review