Quick Chicken and Corn Wraps
"My girls like these tortilla roll-ups very much - they'll ask for them practically every week!" says Sue Seymour of Valatie, New York. Tender chicken combines with canned corn and salsa for a fast-to-fix main dish.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken, corn and salsa. Cook over
- medium heat until heated through.
- Sprinkle cheese over tortillas. Place about 1/2 cup chicken mixture
- down the center of each tortilla; roll up. Secure with toothpicks.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 wraps (prepared with reduced-fat cheese and fat-free tortillas) equals 374 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 1,088 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.