- 1 package (6.2 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- Cook rice mix according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery and carrot; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended; gradually whisk in milk and broth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in chicken and rice mixture; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Quick Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
"This soup is outstanding!!! I just made it for dinner tonight. The only other comment/suggestion I would make is that it is a soup to be eaten immediately. If you plan to make the soup ahead of time, you can add the chicken at the end, but wait to add the cooked rice until just before serving as the rice will soak up all the liquids and then you will have to add additional broth to get it to soup serving consistency again. Thanks for this great recipe!"