Quick Cherry Turnovers
Refrigerated crescent rolls let you make these fruit-filled pastries in a hurry. My family loves these turnovers for breakfast, but they’re so delicious, they’ll be welcome any time of the day. Feel free to experiment with other pie fillings as well. —Elleen Oberrueter, Danbury, IA
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll crescent dough and separate into
- four rectangles; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Press
- perforations to seal. Place 1/4 cup pie filling on one half of each
- rectangle. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal. Bake 10-12
- minutes or until golden.
- Place confectioners' sugar in a small bowl; stir in enough milk to
- achieve a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over turnovers. Serve warm.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 turnover equals 359 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 459 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.