Quick Cherry Cheese Pie Recipe
“Cooking foods that are festive but low-fat can be challenging,” observes Debbie Lucci in Salem, Virginia. “My health-conscious family loves this quick, no-bake recipe, and I love that it gets me out of the kitchen so fast!”
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 2 cups fat-free whipped topping
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1 cup reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- 1. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in sugar substitute. Gradually add whipped topping mix; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture; beat 1 minute longer.
- 3. Mix in 1 cup whipped topping. Fold in remaining whipped topping. Spoon into crust; top with cherry pie filling. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 259 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 229 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC