In Cheney, Washington, Katie Anderson quickly tosses together this smaller-size version of an all-time salad classic. Pair the fresh medley of veggies, sliced egg, deli meat and cheese with breadsticks to make a complete lunch or light dinner. Or serve it alongside a favorite soup.
- 2 cups torn salad greens
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 4 ounces deli ham, julienned
- 4 ounces deli turkey, julienned
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, julienned
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced
- 4 pitted ripe olives
- Salad dressing of your choice
- On two serving plates, arrange the salad greens, onion, celery, ham, turkey, cheese, egg and olives. Serve with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chef's Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p52
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Quick Chef's Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review