Quick Cheese Puffs Recipe
This recipe is one of my favorites for a luncheon dish or a quick and easy meatless meal. For extra flavor, I'll sometimes use homemade bread or a specialty bread such as Italian, French or sourdough. -Janet Scherffius, Mountain Home, Arkansas
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 slices white bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 8 to 10 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1. Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Cut bread into strips; place strips, buttered side down, on the bottom and around the sides of two greased 10-oz. baking dishes. In a bowl, beat eggs and milk. Add cheese, onion salt and hot pepper sauce.
- 2. Pour over bread. Place the dishes on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 450 calories, 30 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 290 mg cholesterol, 839 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Quick Cheese Puffs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC