Quick Cheese Biscuits
Cheddar cheese adds a burst of sunny flavor to the flaky biscuits Donna Engel bakes in her Portsmouth, Rhode Island kitchen.
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a bowl, stir in the biscuit mix, milk and cheese just until
- moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Mix butter and garlic powder; brush over biscuits. Bake at 475°
- for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 82 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.