Quick Cheese Biscuits Recipe
Cheddar cheese adds a burst of sunny flavor to the flaky biscuits Donna Engel bakes in her Portsmouth, Rhode Island kitchen.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:18 servings
- 2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a bowl, stir in the biscuit mix, milk and cheese just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Mix butter and garlic powder; brush over biscuits. Bake at 475° for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 82 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC