Cheddar cheese adds a burst of sunny flavor to the flaky biscuits Donna Engel bakes in her Portsmouth, Rhode Island kitchen.
- 2 cups buttermilk baking mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a bowl, stir in the biscuit mix, milk and cheese just until moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Mix butter and garlic powder; brush over biscuits. Bake at 475° for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Quick Cheese Biscuits in Taste of Home August/September 1995, p45
Reviews for Quick Cheese Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review