"My aunt always made this smooth rich-tasting soup for me when I came to visit," recalls Heather Kasprick of Keewatin, Ontario. "I could smell it simmering as soon as I arrived, I think of her whenever I have a bowlful."
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- Place cauliflower in a saucepan with 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine soups, broth and milk; heat through. Drain the cauliflower; stir into soup. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Cauliflower Soup in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p8
Reviews for Quick Cauliflower Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2015
"A very easy and quick soup to make, it is delicious as well. My husband and both enjoyed it and I will make it again."
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2011
"I have made this many times and have made some adjustments. I cannot wait for the fall harvest to make this and freeze it!I add some potatoes and carrots to this and add extra chicken broth. It is still mostly cauliflower but makes a more substantial meal with the potatoes and carrots. I even add some mushrooms. If I have it on hand I add some orange bell pepper; don't add much as a little goes a long way surprisingly."