This recipe is a versatile colorful side dish. The carrots and green onions are a flavorful combination your family is sure to enjoy.—Florence Jacoby, Granite Falls, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sliced carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Chopped fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, combine first five ingredients. Cover and simmer
- for 8-10 minutes or until the carrots are crisp-tender. Sprinkle
- with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 52 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.