Quick Carrot Raisin Salad Recipe
- 4 cups shredded carrots (about 4 to 5 large)
- 3/4 to 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1. Place carrots and raisins in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sugar and enough milk to achieve the consistency of a creamy salad dressing. Pour over carrot mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 102 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Quick Carrot Raisin Salad
"Very yummy, quick and easy. Even better after adding a tablespoon of peanut butter to the dressing!Or you could add salted peanuts or sunflower seeds."
"Wow - great easy recipe. No leftovers :)I used Duke's mayo ( our fave brand in SC!!) and 1/2 n 1/2 instead of milk. Crushed pineapple added is great too. Definitely will be one of my tried and trues!"
"So easy to make. I swap craisins for raisins. I try to make it 1 to 4 hrs before serving so it can marinate in the fridge (raisins / craisins absorb some liquids and get plumper - yum!) but it's good to just make it and go. It's my favorite dish to bring to a pot-luck dinner (and I never bring home leftovers)."