Quick Carrot Raisin Salad
This traditional salad is fun to eat because of its crunchy texture and the slightly sweet raisin flavor.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups shredded carrots (about 4 to 5 large)
- 3/4 to 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Place carrots and raisins in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk
- together the mayonnaise, sugar and enough milk to achieve the
- consistency of a creamy salad dressing. Pour over carrot mixture and
- toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 129 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.