Quick Carbonara Recipe
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe or pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat; saute garlic 1 minute. Stir ham and bacon; heat through. Add spaghetti, parsley and salt; toss to combine.
- 3. Remove from heat. Stir in olives and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving: 513 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 1382mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Quick Carbonara
"Definitely went back for seconds on this one."
"It was very easy to make"
"This was great!! Absolute favourite. Everyone wanted seconds. Now I did add baby shrimp to it and I omitted the salt as I thought the salty ness from the bacon and the ham would be enough, which it was. I am actually making this dish again tonight!!"
"Let me first say that I have never rated a recipe, and felt I had to here! It was VERY GOOD!! I did substitute olive oil in place of the vegetable oil, I used about 5 cloves of garlic, as I LOVE garlic, and I also sauted some shrimp with the butter, oil, & garlic mixture. Other than that I followed the recipe to a "T". My husband usually has a comment about adding or deleting something, however, not this time!! He and I both really enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing your recipe, we will make it over and over!"