This is an adaptation of a dish originally made by my Sunday school teacher, who brought it to church dinner. Be sure to prepare plenty, because seconds are always requested. It's also good with cubed cooked turkey instead of ham.—Carole Martin, Tallahassee, Florida
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) spaghetti
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained or pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet over medium heat; cook garlic in butter and oil for 1
- Drain spaghetti; add to skillet with the ham, bacon, parsley and
- salt. Cook and stir until heated through, about 3 minutes. Remove
- from the heat. Gently stir in olives and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 534 calories, 27 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 1,363 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.