Quick Carbonara Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) spaghetti
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained or pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat; cook garlic in butter and oil for 1 minute.
- 2. Drain spaghetti; add to skillet with the ham, bacon, parsley and salt. Cook and stir until heated through, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in olives and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 534 calories, 27 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 1,363 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.