- 1 package (12 ounces) spaghetti
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained or pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat; cook garlic in butter and oil for 1 minute.
- Drain spaghetti; add to skillet with the ham, bacon, parsley and salt. Cook and stir until heated through, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in olives and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Quick Carbonara
"Definitely went back for seconds on this one."
"It was very easy to make"
"This was great!! Absolute favourite. Everyone wanted seconds. Now I did add baby shrimp to it and I omitted the salt as I thought the salty ness from the bacon and the ham would be enough, which it was. I am actually making this dish again tonight!!"
"Let me first say that I have never rated a recipe, and felt I had to here! It was VERY GOOD!! I did substitute olive oil in place of the vegetable oil, I used about 5 cloves of garlic, as I LOVE garlic, and I also sauted some shrimp with the butter, oil, & garlic mixture. Other than that I followed the recipe to a "T". My husband usually has a comment about adding or deleting something, however, not this time!! He and I both really enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing your recipe, we will make it over and over!"