Quick Carbonara Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) spaghetti
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sliced ripe olives, drained or pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat; cook garlic in butter and oil for 1 minute.
- Drain spaghetti; add to skillet with the ham, bacon, parsley and salt. Cook and stir until heated through, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in olives and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Quick Carbonara
Sort By :
"Definitely went back for seconds on this one."
"It was very easy to make"
"This was great!! Absolute favourite. Everyone wanted seconds. Now I did add baby shrimp to it and I omitted the salt as I thought the salty ness from the bacon and the ham would be enough, which it was. I am actually making this dish again tonight!!"
"Let me first say that I have never rated a recipe, and felt I had to here! It was VERY GOOD!! I did substitute olive oil in place of the vegetable oil, I used about 5 cloves of garlic, as I LOVE garlic, and I also sauted some shrimp with the butter, oil, & garlic mixture. Other than that I followed the recipe to a "T". My husband usually has a comment about adding or deleting something, however, not this time!! He and I both really enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing your recipe, we will make it over and over!"