Leftover meat sauce makes a hearty calzone that tastes like it’s made from scratch. Top the calzones with a sprinkling of Parmesan. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup Three-Meat Sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough
- into four portions. Roll each into a 6-in. circle. Spread 1/4 cup
- sauce over half of each circle to within 1/2 in. of edge; top with 1
- tablespoon mozzarella cheese. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges
- to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush milk over tops; sprinkle with Italian seasoning and Parmesan
- cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 calzone equals 430 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 1,037 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon,