- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup Three-Meat Sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into four portions. Roll each into a 6-in. circle. Spread 1/4 cup sauce over half of each circle to within 1/2 in. of edge; top with 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush milk over tops; sprinkle with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Quick Calzones
Sort By :
"These were a hit with the whole family! Although easy to make, they tasted like they came from a professional bakery. They do puff up in the oven, so I cut them in half after baking."
"Very good- and easy!"
"This recipe was amazing, kids and husband loved it and wanted more. Quick only took 10 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to cook. I will definitely make it again. The only thing I would change is the amount of sauce (we used prego meat sauce) being added, the first one we did was way too much and make a mess, then we just guessed and the rest turned out perfect!! We also added pepparoni to ours. Highly recommended!"