Leftover meat sauce makes a hearty calzone that tastes like it’s made from scratch. Top the calzones with a sprinkling of Parmesan. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup Three-Meat Sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into four portions. Roll each into a 6-in. circle. Spread 1/4 cup sauce over half of each circle to within 1/2 in. of edge; top with 1 tablespoon mozzarella cheese. Fold dough over filling; pinch edges to seal. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush milk over tops; sprinkle with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Quick Calzones in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p16
Reviews for Quick Calzones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review