Quick Calzones Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup Three-Meat Sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Divide bread dough into four portions; roll each into a 6-in. circle. Spoon 1/4 cup of meat sauce on half of each circle to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon of mozzarella cheese.
- Fold dough over the filling and press edges firmly to seal. Brush with milk. Combine Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning; sprinkle over the calzones.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Quick Calzones(2)
Sort By :
Very good- and easy!
This recipe was amazing, kids and husband loved it and wanted more. Quick only took 10 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to cook. I will definitely make it again. The only thing I would change is the amount of sauce (we used prego meat sauce) being added, the first one we did was way too much and make a mess, then we just guessed and the rest turned out perfect!! We also added pepparoni to ours. Highly recommended!