Quick Calico Salad Recipe
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the sour cream, milk and salad dressing mix. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Stir in sunflower kernels and bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 86 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Quick Calico Salad
"This is the best light recipe that I have made in a long time. Made it once and it was so good that I have made it several times since!"