This is a light, colorful and tasty salad. Fortunately, it travels well because it's an expected dish at my family reunions.—Joanne Neuendorf, Potosi, Wisconsin
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the sour cream, milk and salad dressing mix. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Stir in sunflower kernels and bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Calico Salad in Country Woman July/August 2004, p36
Reviews for Quick Calico Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2009
"This is the best light recipe that I have made in a long time. Made it once and it was so good that I have made it several times since!"