This is a light, colorful and tasty salad. Fortunately, it travels well because it's an expected dish at my family reunions.—Joanne Neuendorf, Potosi, Wisconsin
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the sour cream, milk and salad dressing mix. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Stir in sunflower kernels and bacon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Calico Salad in Country Woman July/August 2004, p36
Reviews for Quick Calico Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 12, 2009
"This is the best light recipe that I have made in a long time. Made it once and it was so good that I have made it several times since!"