Quick Cajun Chicken Penne Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons blackened seasoning
- 2 containers (10 ounces each) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Sprinkle chicken with blackened seasoning. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- 3. In a large skillet, heat Alfredo sauce over medium heat until warm, stirring frequently. Add the tomatoes, onions, pasta and chicken; toss to coat and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 660 calories, 31g fat (12g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 1015mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Quick Cajun Chicken Penne
"chicken was better than shrimp. My grilled shrimp got tough. I probably cooked them too long. If I tried it again with the shrimp I would probably saute them in the pan vs the grill. I didn't use the scallions just some diced onion in the pan. Will make again!!"
"This is one of our main go-to meals that I make several times a month. It's that good!"
"Love this recipe. So simple and so good."
"This was very quick and fast, it was prefect for a hungry crowd, I used my homemade Alfredo sauce and the whole dish tasted like it came from a restaurant. Thanks."
"This was really good & easy to make. I only used one jar of sauce and it was perfect"