I used to work at a restaurant that served a variation of chicken with penne pasta. I didn't know how easy it would be to make until I gave it a shot at home - now it's always a requested meal around my house. —Rusty Koll, Elmwood, Illinois
- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons blackened seasoning
- 2 containers (10 ounces each) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Sprinkle chicken with blackened seasoning. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a large skillet, heat Alfredo sauce over medium heat until warm, stirring frequently. Add the tomatoes, onions, pasta and chicken; toss to coat and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Quick Cajun Chicken Penne in Taste of Home April/May 2012, p55
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Quick Cajun Chicken Penne
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review