- 1 package (16 ounces) penne pasta
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons blackened seasoning
- 2 containers (10 ounces each) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Sprinkle chicken with blackened seasoning. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a large skillet, heat Alfredo sauce over medium heat until warm, stirring frequently. Add the tomatoes, onions, pasta and chicken; toss to coat and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Quick Cajun Chicken Penne
"chicken was better than shrimp. My grilled shrimp got tough. I probably cooked them too long. If I tried it again with the shrimp I would probably saute them in the pan vs the grill. I didn't use the scallions just some diced onion in the pan. Will make again!!"
"This is one of our main go-to meals that I make several times a month. It's that good!"
"Love this recipe. So simple and so good."
"This was terrific and easy to make. We used spaghetti noodles. The sauce was delicious with garlic french bread! I think next time I will use shrimp instead of chicken!"
"This was very quick and fast, it was prefect for a hungry crowd, I used my homemade Alfredo sauce and the whole dish tasted like it came from a restaurant. Thanks."
"This was really good & easy to make. I only used one jar of sauce and it was perfect"