Friends often ask my daughter to talk me into making some of this fudge - everyone really enjoys it. The butterscotch flavor is rich and different.
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 package (10 to 11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, milk and remaining butter. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add butterscotch chips and graham cracker crumbs; stir until chips are melted.
- Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate until firm. Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 pounds.
Originally published as Butterscotch Fudge in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p66
Reviews for Quick Butterscotch Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review