Quick Buttermilk Salad Dressing Recipe
In McCook, Nebraska, Iola Egle serves this creamy ranch-style salad dressing on almost everything. "Besides drizzling it over mixed greens, I use it as a dip for raw vegetables, a topper for baked potatoes and a sauce for roast beef sandwiches," she informs.
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder or salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground or cracked pepper
- Salad greens
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; whisk until smooth.
- Cover and chill until serving. Serve over salad greens. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Buttermilk Salad Dressing in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p44
Reviews for Quick Buttermilk Salad Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 27, 2013
loved recipe.. i added dijon mustard and red pepper seasoning as well as cutting mayo with half greek yogert