In McCook, Nebraska, Iola Egle serves this creamy ranch-style salad dressing on almost everything. "Besides drizzling it over mixed greens, I use it as a dip for raw vegetables, a topper for baked potatoes and a sauce for roast beef sandwiches," she informs.
Recommended: 19 Recipes for Homemade Salad Dressing
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder or salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground or cracked pepper
- Salad greens
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; whisk until smooth.
- Cover and chill until serving. Serve over salad greens. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Buttermilk Salad Dressing in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p44
Reviews forQuick Buttermilk Salad Dressing
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 27, 2013
"loved recipe.. i added dijon mustard and red pepper seasoning as well as cutting mayo with half greek yogert"