Quick Broccoli Side Dish Recipe
Italian seasoning and crunchy pine nuts really jazz up the flavor of this versatile veggie side dish. Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute broccoli in oil for 5 minutes. Add garlic; saute 2 minutes longer or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Add the sherry, pimientos, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup equals 58 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC