- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute broccoli in oil for 5 minutes. Add garlic; saute 2 minutes longer or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Add the sherry, pimientos, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; cook and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Quick Broccoli Side Dish in Healthy Cooking October/November 2009, p16
Reviews for Quick Broccoli Side Dish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2010
My husband loved this! I cannot eat a lot of stuff, however, I enjoy cooking for my husband and this one hit it out of the park!
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2009
So easy- colorful and tasty! Definitely a keeper!
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2009
Quick and easy. Tasty and goes with just about anything.
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2009
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Side Dishes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >