Frozen broccoli-cheese sauce makes this hearty soup a speedy addition to a lunchtime or evening meal. It's a great way to use up leftover rice. This recipe can easily be doubled, too. —Laura Mihalenko-DeVoe, Charlotte, North Carolina
Recommended: 21 Restaurant Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli with cheese sauce, thawed
- 1/2 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a small saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender. Stir in broth and broccoli with sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes.
- Add rice and cream. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through and broccoli is tender (do not boil). Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Cheese Soup in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p37
Reviews forQuick Broccoli Cheese Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2009
"My family loves broccoli and definitely loves this soup. I am keeping the recipe and will be making it many more times."