Quick Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli with cheese sauce, thawed
- 1/2 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a small saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender. Stir in broth and broccoli with sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes.
- 2. Add rice and cream. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through and broccoli is tender (do not boil). Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 268 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 829mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Quick Broccoli Cheese Soup
"My family loves broccoli and definitely loves this soup. I am keeping the recipe and will be making it many more times."