Quick Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli with cheese sauce, thawed
- 1/2 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a small saucepan, cook onion in butter until tender. Stir in broth and broccoli with sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes.
- 2. Add rice and cream. Cook 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through and broccoli is tender (do not boil). Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 268 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 829mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein .
Reviews for Quick Broccoli Cheese Soup
"My family loves broccoli and definitely loves this soup. I am keeping the recipe and will be making it many more times."