When my family is in the mood for Mexican food, this is the recipe I reach for. It's a nice change of pace from traditional breakfast food. Your family will love the zippy flavor.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 jar (16 ounces) picante sauce
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, optional
- In a large skillet, brown and crumble sausage; drain. Add eggs and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until set. Spoon about 1/4 cup egg mixture down center of each tortilla. Top each with sour cream, picante sauce and olives if desired. Fold in sides of tortilla. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Breakfast Burritos in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p27
Reviews for Quick Breakfast Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review