- preparing recipe, spoon mix into measuring cup. In a bowl, combine
- 1-3/4 cups quick bread mix, sugar and orange peel. In a small bowl,
- combine the egg, pineapple and milk; stir into dry ingredients just
- until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 400° for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool
- for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 8
- To prepare bread: Contents of mix may settle during storage. When
- preparing recipe, spoon mix into measuring cup. In a large bowl,
- beat cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well
- after each addition. Beat in banana. Stir in 2-1/4 cups quick bread
- mix and pecans just until moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for
- 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 203 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.