Quick Bread Bowls Recipe
"I never thought it could be this easy to make bread bowls at home," writes Renee Keller of Dodgeville, Wisconsin. "While the dough is mixing and rising, you have time to stir up a thick soup or chili to fill the bowls."
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When the cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into fourths; shape each into a ball. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool. Cut the top fourth off each roll; carefully hollow out bottom, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use). Fill with chili, chowder or stew. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 394 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 684 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC